Registration is open for our sixth winter of rugby! All K through 12th graders are welcome to play. No prior rugby experience is necessary.
- All ages will start November 18th (except U19 Girls, who will start in January)
- We will follow all APS School Breaks according to their calendar here
- U8 Coed touch, U10 Coed introductory tackle, and U12 Boys/U12 Girls will end in Mid-March, as soccer and baseball begin
- U14 Boys/U14 Girls will finish 3rd week of March, before APS Spring Break
- U16 Boys/U16 Girls/U19 Boys will finish by 3rd week of April, it is expected rugby will be one of their primary sports
- U19 Girls will start in January with new Life University coaches, with an eye to competing in the Atlanta 7s tournament in the spring.
2017 – 2018 TEAMS:
- U8 Coed (touch) – DOB 9/2/2009 to 9/1/2013
- U10 Coed (light contact) – DOB 9/2/2007 to 9/1/2009
- U12 Coed (tackle, uncontested scrums) – DOB 9/2/2005 – 9/1/2007
- U14 Boys/Girls (tackle, some contested scrums/lineouts) – DOB 9/2/2003 – 9/1/2005
- U16 Boys/Girls (tackle, contested scrums, lineouts) – DOB 9/2/2001 – 9/1/2003
- U19 Boys/Girls World Rugby 7s Rules – DOB 9/2/1998 – 9/1/2001
Please email info@atlantayouthrugby.
- U8 / U10 / U12: Saturday mornings 9AM – 10:30AM at Old 4th Ward Skate Park field (map)
- U14 / U16 /U19: Saturday mornings 9AM – 12PM at the Warren Boys & Girls Club (map) Practice times are on a staggered basis with younger sides starting at 9AM, older sides 10:30AM.
- U12 / U14 / U16 / U19: Additional practices at Central Park (map) Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:30PM – 8:00PM
Preseason runs November 3rd through mid-December. An AYR OPEN HOUSE FOR ALL AGES will be help NOVEMBER 18th at the Warren Boys & Girls Club (map)
Standings games begin in late January and are versus Rugby Georgia (RGA) teams in East Point, Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Etowah and likely others as we are growing rapidly as a league.
All sides attend Ruggerfest near Charlotte NC, March 4th/5th 2017. Playoffs for U8 – U12 will finish by mid-March; u14 and up by mid to late April. Schedules will be announced by November 15th.
- U8 / U10: $175.00
- U12 / U14 / U16 / U19: $250.00
Cost includes four months of rugby training, a required membership in USA Rugby, ticket to the player banquet, a rugby ball, a jersey, and a t-shirt. If rugby shorts and socks are needed, they can be additionally purchased at registration for $25/set. We will use the same shorts and socks every year.
Registration fees also help the team cover field rentals, coaching stipends, referee hires, trainers, and administrative costs.
Payment plans are available. Need a scholarship? Use our contact form for any questions about payment plans and scholarships.
EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT:
Register before October 1st and $25 will be discounted from your registration fee. Hustle on in, it helps us get organized!
We have teamed up with BLUE SOMBRERO (link below) to make registration as easy as possible.