Registration is open for our sixth winter of rugby! All K through 12th graders are welcome to play. No prior rugby experience is necessary.
- All ages will start at the OPEN HOUSE November 12th
- We will follow all APS School Breaks according to their calendar here
- U8/10 Coed touch end in early March
- U12 Boys/U12 Girls will end in Mid-March, as soccer and baseball begin
- U14 Boys/U14 Girls will finish 3rd week of March, before APS Spring Break
- U16 Boys/U16 Girls/U19 Boys will finish by 3rd week of April, it is expected rugby will be one of their primary sports
2017 – 2018 TEAMS:
- U8 Coed (touch) – DOB 9/2/2009 to 9/1/2013
- U10 Coed (touch) – DOB 9/2/2007 to 9/1/2009
- U12 Coed (tackle, uncontested scrums) – DOB 9/2/2005 – 9/1/2007
- U14 Boys/Girls (tackle, some contested scrums/lineouts) – DOB 9/2/2003 – 9/1/2005
- U16 Boys/Girls (tackle, contested scrums, lineouts) – DOB 9/2/2001 – 9/1/2003
- U19 Boys/Girls World Rugby 7s Rules – DOB 9/2/1998 – 9/1/2001
Please email info@atlantayouthrugby.
- U8 / U10 / U12: Saturday mornings 9AM – 10:30AM at Old 4th Ward Skate Park field (map) Park on Willoughby Ave.
- U14 / U16 /U19: Saturday mornings 10AM – 11:30AM at the Warren Boys & Girls Club (map) Park in their lot across the street or down by the field
- U12 / U14 / U16 / U19: Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:30PM – 8:00PM at old MLK school field on Hosea Williams (map) Park in their lot
Monday / Wednesday practices will switch to Central Park in January.
Standings games begin in late January and are versus Rugby Georgia Union (RGU) teams in East Point, Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, East Cobb, Buckhead, Brunswick and likely others as we are growing rapidly as a league.
All sides from U12+ attend Ruggerfest near Charlotte NC, March 3rd/4th 2018. Playoffs for U12 will finish by mid-March; u14 and up by mid to late April. Schedules will be announced by January 15th.
- U8 / U10: $175.00
- U12 / U14 / U16 / U19: $250.00
Cost includes four months of rugby training, a required membership in USA Rugby, ticket to the player banquet, a rugby ball, a jersey, and a t-shirt. If rugby shorts and socks are needed, they can be additionally purchased at registration for $25/set. We will use the same shorts and socks every year.
Registration fees also help the team cover field rentals, coaching stipends, referee hires, trainers, and administrative costs.
Payment plans are available. Need a scholarship? Use our contact form for any questions about payment plans and scholarships.
EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT:
Register before October 1st and $25 will be discounted from your registration fee. Hustle on in, it helps us get organized!
We have teamed up with BLUE SOMBRERO (link below) to make registration as easy as possible.